So I wrote this the last Tuesday of my Senior year, I updated the ones that I had met over the summer, and now it’s time to see where I am after the first semester
1. I want to drop at least 2 pant sizes over the summer through running and a newer, healthier diet( diet meaning a lifestyle change, not just a fad) TADA! I did it! I dropped 20 pounds this semster alone, and gained some muscle. I developed that healthy lifestyle of being active and eating right.
2. I want to graduate Summa Cum Laude from Berea College.
3. I want to finally establish a consistent walk with God, meaning a daily time in the word, constantly memorizing the scriptures , not to just check it of the daily to do list, but instead to grow and develop into a more mature woman of God so that one day, when I have children, I can be a light and role model for them.
4. I want to teach- elementary only please!
5. I want to passionately fall in love with God !
6. I want to find the man of God created for me.
7. I want to adopt and be a mother.
8. I want to travel- Africa, Bosnia, Hungary, Turkey, Romania, Australia, WHERE EVER GOD LEADS!
9. I want to become more disciplined in my study habits.– I’ve kinda mastered this one, but i’m still working on it.
10. I want to ask the best question ever in every situation I am put into.
11. I want to stop robbing God by tithing every – I kinda failed in this area
12. I want to share the love and life that I have received from Christ to everyone I met.
13. I want to be an encouragement to those who don’t believe they can break the chains.
14. I want to be the first- the first to graduate from high school, the first to go to college, the first to graduate with a degree, and the first to own my own home.
15. I want my children to grow up in a Christian home and fall passionately in love with Christ.
16. I want to be the mom that I wish I had.
!7. I want my children to live in a more secure family, knowing they can talk to their parents, knowing they are loved and they will be constantly be told that every day.
18. I want to listen to God, even in the most trying times.- failed in this one too
19. I want to be the friend others have been to me.
20. I want to lead children to the Lord, I want to see a revolution in the youth of America, I want to see a nation on fire for God, I want to see people living the Christian life, not just saying they do. I want the hearts of America to feel the love and joy that I feel from Christ. I want the troubled youth to know they aren’t alone and that there is a way out of their pain- it may not be soon but in due time, their cloud will be broken and the rays of love from God above will shine down and open the gates to a new life.
So I worked on some, met some, and failed in some. My life with Christ kinda tossed and turned. I was so wrapped up with campus ministry I forgot the ministry of my own heart. I plan on working on my relationship with God next semester. I’m on my way on developing that daily fellowship. I’m realizing that it doesn’t neccesarily mean sitting with you bible for 20 minutes a day but it may be walking across campus singing to him or maybe just talking to him as you walk to class. It’s important though to stay right with Jesus.